It’s that time of the month again, where I’m here to tell all about what’s coming up next month and let you know how you can get involved. There are some new things as well as some favourites too.
*** Brand New ***
Learn to Sew Brunch Blouse (or dress or tank) – Saturday 3rd March in Bawtry
Make your own version of this fabulous Patterns for Pirates dress, blouse or tank – see the options below.
£55 for the day, (10am-3.30pm) includes your pattern.
Book the Brunch Blouse Workshop here
*** Brand New ***
Learn to Sew Lorrayne’s Tunic – Saturday 24th March @ Oh Sew Sweet in Wombwell
This is a brand new, Oh Sew Sweet exclusive workshop. If you’ve ever been to Oh Sew Sweet and admired the lovely Lorrayne’s style, well now you can have a piece of it with this exclusive workshop based on Lorrayne’s Tunic.
£45 (+ £10 to puchase the pattern to use again)
Call Oh Sew Sweet on 01226 805955 to book Lorrayne’s Tunic Workshop
*** Old Favourite ***
Learn to Sew Shift Dress Workshop – Saturday 17th March in Bawtry
This is without a doubt my most popular workshop, the simple shift dress is such a versitile wardrobe staple and it’s a great project for beginner dressmakers.
£55 for the day (10am-3.30pm) includes the pattern.
Here’s just some of the fabulous shift dresses made at previous workshops.
Book the Shift Dress Workshop here
*** Old Favourite ***
Learn to Sew Easter Bunny Pouches – Monday 19th March (6-8pm) in Bawtry
This popular workshop in 2017 is making a comeback for Easter 2018. Make these cute Easter Bunny Pouches, ideal as an unual gift bags for Easter eggs or for collecting eggs at an Easter egg hunt. Suitable for complete beginners and for children aged 11+.
£25 – All materials included
Book the Easter Bunny Pouches Workshop here
*** And now for something completely different… ***
Sewing Swap Shop – Saturday 10th March in Bawtry (Supporting Mind; The Mental Health Charity)
Spring clean your stash, and come swap your unwanted items for something you can love again!
One sewers trash is another’s treasure!
Please invite all your sewing friends, I’ll be here from 10am – 3.30pm and anything left will be taken to the Mind charity shop in Doncaster.
There will be no charge to participate in the swap shop, but any donations will be gratefully received in support of Mind.
If you want any more information or would like to participate, but cannot attend on the day, please get in touch. (Email: email@example.com or phone: 07957 437001)
I hope to see you soon,
PS. If you’d like to find out more about private 1 to 1 lessons with me, click here, I’ve got 2 spaces in March.
March has been an amazing month for Bagladybird – Learn to Sew, with lots of exciting opportunities coming my way. It has also been a strange month as my poor little Clio failed it’s MOT big time and I have been without a car since the beginning of March and that looks likely to continue for another few weeks! But I’m not complaining as the weather has mostly been fine and I have been able to make use of my lovely bicycle to get about locally. (If you see me, please don’t beep your horn!)
It’s been a fantastic month for my awesome 121 clients and we have had some great successes.
- Jess was a complete novice and was able to replicate an old favourite dress. She said that getting 121 lessons for Christmas was the best gift ever.
- Anna had received a lovely pattern and fabric for Christmas and she was terrified of cutting into it and not doing justice to the thoughtful gift that her daughters had given her. We worked together to fit the pattern perfectly to Anna’s body so she could confidently cut out and make up the lovely dress which would fit her comfortably.
- Angie was fed up of feeling frumpy in ill-fitting clothes, she is an experienced seamstress but hadn’t been able to make herself anything that made her feel confident and professional, she is now part way through her booking and is happy that she is well on her way to getting a great fitting basic block that can be adapted to create a great fitting work wardrobe.
So whether you are a novice or more experienced, there is lots you can learn in private lessons with me.
- Have you been invited to a wedding this summer and do you want to make sure that you feel amazing in a dress that nobody else is wearing?
- Do you struggle to get a good fit from patterns and want to know how to alter a pattern to fit you?
- Have you got a craft business and you want to up your skill level to make more money?
- Has your body shape changed and you want to know the how to get the best fitting clothes?
- Would you love to see your children dressed in clothes that have been designed and made by you, but you just don’t know how to start the process?
- Have you dreamed of making your own wedding dress but need some help to make it happen?
There are a million and one reasons why you might want to book private Learn to Sew lessons with me, but the best thing about them is that they are completely tailored to you and to your creative and technical needs.
Reply to this email with your phone number to book a free 30 minute consultation with me to talk about what you would like to learn in your private lessons. I only have space for 3 new 121 clients in April, so don’t delay, do it today.
I look forward to hearing from you.
PS. I know that it’s important to you to know the price before you commit, so…
1.5 hour (single lesson) £50 Perfect if you need help with something specific.
4.5 hours (3 x 1.5 hour lessons) £125 You can make a simple garment in this time.
10 hours (5 x 2 hour lessons) £250 This is enough time to learn how to create a pattern from scratch, or for a total novice to make a couple of simple garments.
PPS. If group workshops are more your thing, there are still places available on April workshops. Click here for more info.