I’m writing to tell you about Sewing School and the course dates coming up in early 2019.
If you haven’t heard about Sewing School before, it’s a 5 day course designed for beginner or improving dressmakers just like you. Monday-Friday, 3 hours per day for you to grow your dressmaking skills, whatever your current level.
Sewing School with no more than 3 students on each course bridges the gap between private 1:1 lessons and group workshops.
Read testimonials from previous Sewing School students here.
With sewing school, the lessons are tailored to each individual students learning needs, so that you can learn exactly what you need to learn.
Choose from this list or add your own learning areas to be covered within the course:
- Measure yourself correctly
- Select the right size for you
- Read and understand the pattern
- Pick the right fabric for your project
- Sewing machine basics
- Sew and finish different types of seams
- Cut your paper pattern
- Arrange your pattern to cut your fabric correctly
- Pin and cut out your fabric
- Stripe, check or pattern matching
- Transfer pattern markings to your fabric
- Pattern adjustments
- Full or small bust adjustment
- Garment construction
- Understand the importance of interfacing, stay stitching, pressing and understitching
- Make minor adjustments to the fit
- Making a toile and making pattern alterations
- Zip techniques & samples
- Hemming techniques & samples
- Hem your garment
- Finishing off
- Hand finishing
- Sewing buttonholes
- Jersey skills
- Overlocker basics
- Advanced overlocker technique
It’s a brilliant opportunity for you to meet other local dressmakers who also want to learn how to be a better dressmaker.
If you’re in any doubt as to how good Sewing School is, every student who has attended previous Sewing School courses have booked a further Sewing School course.
The reason I’m telling you about it now, just before Christmas is because the next Sewing School starts on Monday 7th January, and there are still some places available on the morning session.
New Year Sewing School runs from Monday 7th January – Friday 11th January, 9.30am-12.30, with optional fabric shopping trip to Waltons Fabrics and Tuesday Sewcial included in the price of £129.
However if you think you’d love to attend Sewing School, but those dates don’t suit, the next Sewing School is Winter Sewing School and it runs in February half term.
Winter Sewing School starts on Monday 18th February to Friday 22nd February in the afternoon (1-4pm) and also includes an optional fabric shopping trip to Waltons Fabrics and Tuesday Sewcial. £129
If you prefer a one day, workshop, there are plenty of options coming up in 2019 to suit you.
And if that doesn’t cover what you’re looking for, please get in touch to tell me what you’d like to see in the future.
Hope to see you sewing soon,